T here's nothing more important than knowing our eternal destiny will be with God instead of away from Him forever.
Don't wonder. You can know for sure!
1. Admit that you have done wrong things and have disobeyed God. That means we've sinned and are sinners.
One of the symptoms of sin is that instead of letting Him direct our lives - we're in charge instead. When we control our own lives we experience emotions such as fear, worry, anxiety, boredom, depression, dissatisfaction with life, envy and resentment. When Christ is in charge we enjoy peace, joy, deep satisfaction, love, compassion for others and countless other benefits.
"God be merciful to me, a sinner" (Luke 18:13).
2. Be willing to make a U turn from doing life your way and turn toward God and His way. This means to repent."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Savior and Lord.
"But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name..." (John 1:12).
If you are ready to receive Christ as your Savior and Lord, take time right now to talk to God in your own words. Tell Him you're sorry for the wrong things you've done. Believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again the third day. Then ask Jesus Christ to come into your life to be your Savior and Lord. Be willing to say "goodbye forever" to your sins through Christ's power."And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:11-13)
If you have the Son of God, you've become a child of God. When Christ enters us we become spiritual babies in His kingdom and need to grow up in Him.
God's Word, the Bible, is our spiritual food. We need to read it each day and regularly attend a Bible-believing church. In your church home you need to follow the Lord through the waters of baptism to show others you've received new life in Christ.
Feel free to email us at wagner.art[insert @]verizon.net with your question or suggestion.
Would you like me to pray for you? Just send your prayer request by email.
Here is a great list of FREE resources for Bible study, Christian counseling and prayer.
1. Thought-provoking salvation check-up
2. Telephone counseling and prayer:
1-866-570-4673 (Hope for the Heart)
1-800-477-2937 (National Prayer Support)
3. Online Bible
5. Bibles, commentaries and other helps
6. Audio Bible
7. Proofs for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
9. Videos about the Bible . . . plus more
I hope these resources will help you to come closer to the Lord.
Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?